Bring elegance, class and
distinctiveness to your affair!
Sax Appeal is a versatile professional saxophone quartet (comprised of a Soprano, Alto, Tenor and Baritone saxophone) that plays any musical genre ranging from jazz music, to classical to literally everything in-between to enhance the ambiance of functions that require the finest of touches.
Sax Appeal is, quite literally, in a class by itself.
From wedding ceremonies, diplomatic functions and cocktail/dinner receptions, to Jazz Festivals, Balloon Festivals, birthdays and Christmas parties, a Sax Appeal performance will leave your guests in awe. A list of our past performances can be found here.
We also offer saxophone duets and trios to make even the most intimate event saxy!
To make your event truly distinctive and unforgettable, you need to have an ensemble that is as equally distinctive.
You need Sax Appeal!
Inquire about our special rates for charitable organiztions, not-for-profit events and retirement facilities!
Whatever style and feel you wish to achieve, we customize our services to match. We do everything possible to make sure that your guests are provided with the perfect musical ambiance.
Looking for some lovely classical favorites to suit a formal ambiance such as a wedding ceremony? Perhaps your event calls for being in the mood for light jazz over cocktails during a Gala or product launch? How about something from John Lennon, Gershwin, some good ol’ Rag Time melodies, or even that catchy Star Wars Cantina favorite over h’orderves? When the drinks start flowing, might we suggest playing some more sophisticated jazz charts? Possibly a tasteful mix of everything?
A saxophone quartet is the most unique way to celebrate the festive time of year. Don’t be left in the cold without a Christmas quartet!
Sax Appeal prides itself by adhering to some basic professional fundamentals:
We will exceed your expectations from a musical perspective. All musicians in Sax Appeal are professionals and members of the American Federation of Musicians of the United States and Canada. Everything we play is pleasant to the ear and is sure to impress.
Attention To Detail
We will exceed your expectations from an organizational and logistical perspective.
Depending on what kind of feel you wish to portray, Sax Appeal is comfortable playing in either tuxedoes for formal events, or we would be pleased to tailor our outfits to adhere to any other dress code to suit your needs. For example – Having a backyard wedding anniversary party in the middle of the summer and wish us to wear shorts and a t-shirt ? No problem. It would be our pleasure.
We understand that your event may have taken from a few hours to hundreds of hours to prepare and that sometimes even the most organized plans need to be tweaked at the last minute. Should any of your circumstances ever change either before or during your special event, we will adapt and work together to provide seamless services so that your needs are not only fulfilled, but surpassed.
Superior Customer Service
The founder and leader of Sax Appeal (Jarrod Goldsmith) has many years of unparalleled diplomatic public relations experience who constantly delivers on his word and provides both prompt and courteous service. Always. Even if this is the first time you are organizing an event or are a seasoned pro, Jarrod will take as much time as necessary to make you feel at ease and confident.
When you hire Sax Appeal, you can expect the highest level of musical talent, customer service and organizational skills.
Have your guests talking about how much sophistication a saxophone quartet brings to your function.
We deliver our art with pride.
Always the right feel with SAX APPEAL!
Sax Appeal has been having much media attention lately.
Check out our Press section for more details!
• Sax Appeal will be having a free performance at the Ottawa Jazz Festival at 12:00 (noon) on June 21, 2013 at the Rideau Centre!
• Check out our short documentary film exploring how Sax Appeal became a reality and how it is reshaping the musical landscape in Eastern Canada. This film by Storyline Productions was featured on CBC television’s six-part series ‘Absolutely Ottawa’ and was chosen as one of the winners of the 2012 WAKEFIELD INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAl.
• Sax Appeal is now a proud member of the Ottawa Chamber of Commerce, Kanata Chamber of Commerce, Nepean Chamber of Commerce AND the Orleans Chamber of Commerce!
Sax Appeal is a preferred vendor at the following lovely venues:
• Sax Appeal (DUO) was pleased to play two Christmas performances at the Rideau Centre on December 9 and 24, 2012 for all the last minute shoppers!
• Sax Appeal was pleased to have a booth at the Ontario Self Employment Benefits Program (OSEB) YBIZ 2012 on December 6, 2012 with keynote speaker Bruce Firestone.
• Sax Appeal Took Flight at the Gatineau Hot Air Balloon Festival on September 1 – 3, 2012! Gatineau Hot Air Balloon Festival / Festival de montgolfières de Gatineau.
Sax Appeal provides all of its own equipment for an acoustic performance. This includes music stands, lights, saxophone stands and charts. Amplification can be arranged depending on the location and needs of your event.
Depending on how you would like Sax Appeal to set-up, we can either stand or sit while performing.
A saxophone quartet is extremely versatile. We can physically move in the middle of a set from one room to another (or even outside) to better accommodate your needs.
For instance, if Sax Appeal is playing in the main hall, but the sun has finally come out so that the majority of your guests are mingling on the terrace, we would be most happy to change locations at your request. No advance notice is required. As a small ensemble, we do not have much gear and can continue where we left off within a 5 minute span of time and with minimal distraction to your guests.
We understand the need for flexibility and will always work with you to help make sure your event is a complete success.
Versatility is one of the most important services we specialize in!
Our presentation is second to none!
Sax Appeal is comprised of four local Ottawa-Valley professional musicians who are all well-known regular’s in the music scene.
Our current lineup includes:
Christine Davies - Soprano Saxophone
Dave Renaud - Alto Saxophone
Mike Mullin – Tenor Saxophone
Jarrod Goldsmith - Baritone Saxophone (Leader)
Photo by Sophie Renaud Multimedia
• Minute in E Flat (Michael Haydn – arr. Andy Clark)
• Sinfonia No 3 (Johann Christian Bach – arr. Himie Voxman)
• Two Bach Preludes (Johann Sebastian Bach – arr. J. Gibson)
• Summer Nocturne (Lennie Niehaus)
• Rustic Song and Siciliana (Robert Schumann – arr. Himie Voxman)
• When the Saints Go Marching In (Traditional – arr. Lennie Niehaus)
• Satin Doll (Duke Ellington – arr. Michael Sweeney)
• Don’t Get Around Much Anymore (Duke Ellington – arr. Pierre Parent)
• When I’m Sixty-Four (John Lennon and Sir Paul McCartney – arr. Ramon Ricker)
• Night Train (Jimmy Forrest – arr. John Berry)
• Jump Jive n’ Wail (Louis Prima – arr. Johnnie Vinson)
• Irish Suite (Traditional – arr. Elliot A. Del Borgo)
• Stella By Starlight (Victor Young – arr. Lennie Niehaus)
• New York, New York (John Kander – arr. Zdenko Ivanusic)
Excellent musicians and a great variety of musical styles suitable for any occasion are hallmarks of Sax Appeal. Equally comfortable playing any musical genre ranging from classical to jazz and literally everything in-between, the versatility of this saxophone quartet is unmatched.
Please see our Videos for more samples of our music.
While particularly elegant for wedding music, we can also easily accommodate any other function that requires the finest of touches such as:
• Wine tastings
• Art exhibitions
• Fundraising events
• Upscale restaurants
• Embassy receptions
• Golf and Country Clubs
• Christmas / holiday parties
• Music or other public festivals
• Birthday parties / anniversaries
• School, University and College Events
• Graduation Balls and Proms
• Remembrance ceremonies
• Retirement Residences
• Religious ceremonies
• Funeral services
• Military events
Photo taken by Lesley Ferguson Photography
• The Ottawa Citizen (published February 13, 2013).
• EMC Newspaper (published January 4, 2013).
• Orleans On-line (published October 10, 2012)
• Sax Appeal Took Flight at the 25th anniversary of the Gatineau Hot Air Balloon Festival! (September 1 – 3, 2012)
• EMC Front Page! (published August 30, 2012)
• Ottawa Sun (published August 29, 2012)
• Daytime Ottawa (Recorded live August 28, 2012 – Rogers Television, Cable 22).
• CBC Television broadcasted our award winning documentary * (The Making of Sax Appeal Ottawa – Behind the Music (a short documentary).
* This film has been chosen as one of the winners of the 2012 WAKEFIELD INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL (WIFF) – Algonquin Shorts Program.
• Le Droit (published August 1, 2012)
• Orléans Star (published March 29, 2012)
FYI, Sax Appeal won an award at the YBIZ Expo for the best booth !
The Council for the Arts in Ottawa is a not-for-profit, membership-based organization dedicated to encouraging and developing an appreciation for the arts in the Ottawa region.
Blackburn Hamlet is one of only two suburban areas in Ottawa surrounded by the National Capital Commission (NCC) Greenbelt lands and Lands owned by the Royal Canadian Mounted Police. Click here to see Sax Appeal’s article in the September 2012 BANAR issue (vol. 46, No. 1 – page 17).
Check out what other people are saying about Sax Appeal!
Avenida Garcia is reinventing wedding and event photography. Internationally trained and a member of the PWPC, Juan Manuel Garcia brings a fresh approach to all of your moments.
Dr. Alan Viau has been performing weddings and other life celebrations in the capital of Canada, Ottawa, since 2004. As a multi-faith, multi-cultural wedding officiant, he works with and crafts a wedding ceremony for the bride and groom. He aims to ensure the ceremony is a true expression of what is in their hearts.
Splendid Events is an Ottawa based planning company specializing in weddings and events with personality and local flavour. We create celebrations that are fresh, fun, modern, and polished.
Chic Wedding Planning & Design is an Ottawa based company that focuses on coordinating and planning weddings for couples who are looking for a one of a kind, beautifully put together extraordinary wedding.
Toronto Harpist Joanna Jordan has performed at Carnegie Hall and for more than 2,000 clients including private performances for Her Majesty, The Queen Mother; Her Royal Highness, The Princess Margaret; Tina Turner; The Three Tenors; Vatican Secretary of State, His Eminence Cardinal Casaroli; The Raja of Punjab; Franklin Roosevelt Jr.; Pierre Trudeau; Wolfgang Puck; Ella Fitzgerald; Oscar Peterson and Chuck Berry.
If you wish to write about Sax Appeal, it would be our pleasure to provide any additional information. All we ask is that you please send us the link so that it can be posted on our website, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn pages.
Thank you for taking an interest in Sax Appeal!
- April 20. Cedarhill Golf and Country Club.
- March 8. The Royale Retirement Residence.
- February 21. Kanata Chamber of Commerce (People’s Choice Business Awards). Brookstreet Hotel.
- February 14. Camelot Golf and Country Club.
- December 24. Christmas Music. Rideau Centre.
- December 20. Christmas Party. Camelot Golf and Country Club.
- December 15. Wedding. Mayfair Theatre.
- December 9. Christmas Music. Rideau Centre.
- December 6. Cocktails/Dinner. Delta City Centre.
- November 23. Christmas Party. Orleans Chamber of Commerce. Orleans Legion.
- November 17. Christmas Party. The Prescott.
- November 10. Tradeshow. Travelodge Hotel.
- November 8. Sawa Sushi Restaurant.
- November 3. Woman’s Day. City of Manotick.
- October 24. Ottawa Book Awards. City of Ottawa. Shenkman Arts Centre.
- October 20. Wedding. National Arts Centre.
- October 17. Cocktails. Ottawa Convention Centre.
- October 6. Wedding. Museum of Civilization.
- September 23. Birthday. Paesano Restaurant.
- September 20. Product Launch. Clocktower Pub (Westboro).
- September 14. Wedding. Courtyard Restaurant.
- September 1, 2, 3. Gatineau Hot Air Balloon Festival.
- August 18. Wedding. Chateau Montebello.
- July 4. Conference Lunch. Westin Ottawa Hotel.
- June 27. Conference Lunch. Ottawa Marriott Hotel.
- June 16. Wedding. Plant Recreation Centre.
- June 13. Cocktails. Ottawa Convention Centre.
- June 9. Wedding. Chateau Cartier.
- June 2. Wedding. Hampton Inn and Conference Centre.
- April 11. Peter D. Clark Long Term Care Home.
Date of Event: June 9, 2012
Location: Chateau Cartier, Gatineau
• “Ce fut pour nous un ajout tres important a la cérémonie… musiciens en toxedo…les pieces de musique choisies a l’image de la cérémonie et du cocktail……..l’ambiance était a son meilleur!
PERFECT … PERFECT … PERFECT! WE COULD NOT ASK FOR MORE. MANY THANKS” (Francine & Hubert, Bride and Groom)
January 13, 2012
• “I have worked with Jarrod Goldsmith of Sax Appeal on several occasions and have always found him to be a very reliable person who is extremely organized. Besides being an exceptional leader of a unique ensemble, he is an excellent musician who knows the music industry inside-out. Would love to work with Sax Appeal again! I definitively have to agree that their slogan: “Always the right feel with Sax Appeal” is well deserved.” (Wasim Baobaid – Production Manager, Storyline Prodictions).
Date of Event: October 1, 2011
Location: Museum of Civilization (Grand Hall)
• “It was a real pleasure to have Sax Appeal. We couldn’t wish for better. It was absolutely amazing. Very elegant, very professional [and] it blended perfectly with the ambiance we wanted in the Grand Hall. Thank you again for this perfect evening. I will not hesitate to recommend Sax Appeal to all Museum of Civilization clients” (Geneviève Mercier – Sales Executive, Museum of Civilization).
• “Many thank for your contribution to the event last Saturday evening. Everyone enjoyed the music. It was a pleasure working with you” (Annie Sabourin – Banquets and Special Events Sales Coordinator, Museum of Civilization).
• “I recently had the pleasure to photograph and listen to the members of Sax Appeal at the Museum of Civilization, and I was extremely impressed. The music was elegant and unique, and not only were they passionate and brilliant musicians, but they were also a wonderful group of gentlemen. I would highly recommend Sax Appeal for any special event as they are sure to impress!” (Lesley Ferguson Photography).
Date of Event: July 3, 2011
Location: 3590 Rivergate Way, Ottawa
• The wisest thing I have done in years is to hire the saxophone quartet called “SAX APPEAL” to entertain at a family gathering in Ottawa. Their music resonated deeply in a way that allowed all of the 50 people of all ages to relax, smile and just plain enjoy the atmosphere in the party room. The quartet has a broad array of music in their program and each and every piece worked wonderfully well!” (Barry Karp).
• “I have heard your music and you guys are fantastic!” (Lainie Smajovits).
We look forward to hearing from you !